Saturday, August 9, 2008

Influences from the USA
















Before I carry on with the Project 29 build I wanted to highlight some of the influences from the USA when it comes to my interest in cars. As I said in a previous post its cars from the thirties, forties, fifties and sixties that really appeal. The styling of these cars is timeless and have stood the test of time. These cars ooze character too.
This is just a small selection of the cars that play an influence in ones grey matter.
A forties looking dry lakes roadster makes such a statement mainly to its simplicity.
Keith Weesner's chopped and channeled A pick up is what started me on my pick up but I guess mine is way more mild. Weez still ribs me that he would like to see mine hot rodded some more.
I went on the HOP UP Reliabilty Run one year with Geoff Mitford Taylor. We got to Morty's place and the T Tourer you see here was being built - very cool and very different.
Dennis Kyle's roadster is one awesome car. First built by the late Tom Senter with the "white paper" R&C magazine Ardun between the rails this car is very legendary. I have become friends with Dennis and he has been a huge help with ideas, photos and measurements to the 32 project flaoting around in my head.
Then there is Steve Coonan's roadster - what a car! Check out his California wheels and tyres! Big tribute to the Gary Kessler roadster here! Steve sold his Barry Lobeck roadster when he started The Rodders Journal. A year or so ago he was able to purchase another Deuce hiboy - a Brizio built car that he has DRIVEN!

No comments: